Tuesday, April 28, 2015

Communication Artifact

For this group project my group decided that they wanted me to be the one to design the logo. I got excited because I like to draw and see what type of styles I can come up with to make things look good. The purpose behind designing the logo was to help a lady out that was doing something good for sick kids, by creating a new and improved logo for her Facebook site. The Facebook name of this woman's profile is Courage Cammies for Little Warriors. Her about me section states that she is "re purposing donated uniforms to create quilts for sick children. We aim to give the little warriors shields of bravery given by our American heroes."  With that in mind I decided to come up with the best logo that I felt would grab people's attention and make people want to donate and help out for a good cause.



Principles:

The logo follows two of the gestalt principles. 

Law of Proximity: The colors of the armed forces aren't mixed all together, they're grouped individually representing the Law of Proximity.

Law of Continuity: There is a pattern with the colors, which can give you a feeling of what the logo is trying to portray.

Figure/Ground Relationships:

The "Courage Cammies for Little Warriors" represents the ground part of the relationship as it stands out with it's white background with army and black lettering resting on the colors of the armed forces on the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment